3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opera and java (Opera 7.5)

Does anyone here use the latest version of Opera? What do you like or dislike about it? I am thinking about installing it but can't find any posts on it here. Using Search gives me every instance of the word "operating."

Opera's web site offers two versions of the download, java and non-java. The java comes with Sun's version, of course. Does this mean that if you have the MS version, you should download the java version of Opera because the browser will work only with Sun, or will it work with MS java, too? And what happens if you have two versions of java installed. Will they conflict?

Hoping for some answers.

Fafner

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opera and java (Opera 7.5)

I haven't used Opera in a long time being a Mozilla fan, but it's a quick and capable browser.

Sun and Microsoft's Java VMs will install and cohabit peacefully. You cannot use the Microsoft Java VM with Opera, though, it only works in Internet Explorer. Sun's is universal, so if you want Java capabilities in Opera, then you need the version that bundles the Sun Java runtime.
    -Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm also curious about mozilla. Any idea when version 1.0 of Firefox might be released?

Fafner

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Fafner:
    I read somewhere in one of their forums, http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=4 that it would be about 3 weeks (but that was a user saying it). They have a timetable in their forums also.

By the way, if you search here for <code>opera</code> and instead of <code>and</code> you use <code>Entire phrase</code>, it should limit the search.
    Cheers,