3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Show detail info on form (Access 2000)

I am creating a small form with the customers detail information. This form will link to the main form with a command button. I want to view the detail information and have it grouped by customer just like I have it grouped and sorted in the report. How do I get the detail information to group so I can view all of the customer's data at one time instead of scrolling through all the records. Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Show detail info on form (Access 2000)

I assume you mean that the form will pop up when the user clicks a button - the wizard can create a button that will cause a form to open up and essentially apply a filter to the detail data. In that case you simply design the form as if it were to show all the data, but be sure to include the key for the Customer. The wizard will ask if you want to open the form showing a specific data, and if so what field specifies the customer identity.

Another approach is to use a subform - a subform would be embedded on the Customer form, and could be the same form designed to be a popup form. In that case you embed the subform on the main form and the wizard asks you what field to use as the link, and tries to guess for you. If you need further guidance, please post back.
    Wendell