3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Junk Email (2003)

Can someone tell me if it's possible to have the Junk Mail box deleted automatically when you close Outlook down just like you can with the deleted folder?

Otherwise what is the point of this folder? You have to manually delete it - what a waste of time. Might as well shove everything into delete than use this.

Thanks for your comments.

Thanks

Re: Junk Email (2003)

Maybe with some VBA or the Rules Wizard? (I don't think it can be done with rules in Outlook 2002; I don't use 2003).

Outlook has an Quit event that you can hook into, at least according to the help system. My test seemed to have problems, perhaps due to the unloading of a couple of COM Add-ins, and the firing up of the backup add-in.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There is no facility in OL2003 to auto-delete Junk E-mail messages when exiting OL. As you have probably discovered, you can force the suspected junk e-mail to be deleted outright, but that does not give you a chance to check for any false-positives.

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Ted,

I might have spoken too soon. Albeit that there is no "up-front-delete-upon-exit" for Junk E-mail, I did find what might be a back-door solution. Right click on the Junk E-Mail folder and select Properties. Take a look at my attached snapshot to provide a suggestion as to how you might configure the process. I was able to determine that setting the defaults as displayed only affected that particular folder and not others.

Please remember to back-up your PST file before experimenting.

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob