Thanks

Error Message: Object Library Not Registered (Access 2002/SP3)

I've just started to run into this problem, when I create a new DB or try to import objects (tables, queries etc.) into a blank DB I get the error message you see in the attached screenshot.
    I've tried:
    1) Going to the windows update site and installing SP3.
    2) Using Detect and Repair.

The help file says the following
    Object library not registered
    The Visual Basic for Applications object library is no longer a standalone file; it is integrated into the dynamic-link library (DLL).

In earlier versions, when you started an application that uses Visual Basic for Applications, certain object libraries were loaded. This error has the following cause and solution:

An attempt was made to load a previous version of the Visual Basic for Applications object library (vaxxx.olb) or host-application object libraries. However, the correct language version of these object libraries could not be found in the system registry.
    Reregister your application. On the Macintosh, delete the vba.ini file from the Macintosh Preferences folder, and restart your application.

Is there a command line switch similar to regserver in Excel that will force registration? Has anyone else run into this problem?

All suggestions are welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Message: Object Library Not Registered (Access 2002/SP3)

You may have to re-register DAO and/or ADO, or reinstall MDAC. See <!mskb=833220>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 833220<!/mskb>; though it is not about exactly the same error you get, it is worth trying the steps outlined there.

Thanks

Re: Error Message: Object Library Not Registered (Access 2002/SP3)

Thanks - that seems to have done it!
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile