Lounger
    Thanks

Junk e-mail removal from defined folders? (2003)

I access various email accounts and have messages from the different accounts automatically placed in different folders. I noticed that they arrive in the inbox briefly before being moved to another folder, but the junk mail filter only seems to work on those from my personal email address that are destined to stay in the inbox. Is there a way of telling Outlook to scan specific folders for junk? Or can anyone recommend a junk email filter that can be configured to do this?

Thanks for any tips.
    Martin

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Junk e-mail removal from defined folders? (2003)

Hi Martin,

You can create some very classy filters using the Rules and Alerts feature in OL2003. From the main menu bar select Tools | Rules and alerts. I believe this will give you the features your are seeking. The incoming mail will first hit the Inbox and then the Rules will take over to filter the e-mail to its desired destination.

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Martin,

Attached is a snapshot showing the kind of Rule / filter that might help. The very last item sends all remaining e-mail to a junk folder, not the Junk E-mail folder set-up by OL, but one created by me. The second to last item does send incoming to the Junk E-mail folder.

Hope this helps... Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much, Bob. I might go this way but since it looks as if most of my spam is actually coming via one provider I have sent that to the inbox and will see if I need to become more sophisticated.

Thanks again
    Martin