4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Option groups (2000)

Hi,
    I have a form and report that I have the same problem on. I have several option groups on my form and I have chosen to not have a default selection. When I open the form or report, the checkbox area shows gray instead of just white. It goes white once I make a selection, but these option boxes aren't always used by user. Basically what I'd like is them to be white whether they are checked or not. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Option groups (2000)

For radio buttons and check boxes, "white" = off and "black" = on. If you don't specify a default selection, they are neither on nor off, but indeterminate until the user selects one; indeterminate is displayed as gray. You want all options to be off; this contradicts the nature of an option group. The only workaround I can think of is to use toggle buttons instead of radio buttons. They don't have an indeterminate display state.

Or, but that is a lot of work, use individual radio buttons or check boxes, and control their behavior in code:"when the user clicks one, you must turn the others off yourself, and you must handle the On Click event for each individual button, since they don't act as a group.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Option groups (2000)

Thanks Hans,
    I was afraid you'd say that. The have to stay check boxes (gov form and can't be changed), so i'm just going to have them set defaults and they can uncheck them. Thanks for your help.
    Deb