New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge Format (Outlook 2000)

I'm stumped so I hope someone can help. Whnever I use mailmerge to email a word document out to my customers the mail goes out in plain format even though my default set up is HTML. This strips out all my formating and makes the email look ugly. Can anyone please tell me how I can make the document go out in HTML format. Thanks in advance

Thanks

Re: Mail Merge Format (Outlook 2000)

When merging from Word to e-mail, Word 2000 can merge only to plain text. This was "fixed" in Office XP, where Word 2002 can merge to HTML-format mail.

One work-around is to write some VBA code to automate Outlook. Perhaps more work than you want to do.

A second option is to acquire some bulk mailing software that can handle your merge/personalization requirements. Much of this software has a bad name due to misuse by spammers. Its bad name may cause it to be filtered out by potential recipients who have not set their spam filters to trust your address. Perhaps it's a tolerable risk in your case?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge Format (Outlook 2000)

Thanks for the prompt reply, it may finally be time to go out and buy Office 2003.