Hi All,

I have had it. I am tired of the anemic capabilities of the built-in Search facility in Windows. I am using XP right now but I have another machine running 2000. So my request is for both, altho my usage is mostly XP.

I'm looking for a search feature that at least does the following:
- I'd like the feature to remember the folders I've search in the past so I don't have to browse again and dig to China
- I noticed that the current XP search doesn't even remember the terms I've searched for in the current "session". I thought I recalled that previous versions at least did this much. They had a drop-down box. Now it appears that XP may match your term based on the letters you type in the search box. But I'd like a drop down to see what items I've searched for in the current session (or even past sessions)
- if I enter multiple words like "find replace", I'd like it to find files that have both words in the name, not either (of course, if I want either, I should be able to do that too)
- I'd like to be able to save the search definition. Altho it seems like I can do this, what I have found in the past (seems to be fixed in XP) is that if I save a search starting with a particular folder and I used the search engine from the menu for a different folder, the saved search forgets the folder when it was saved and picks up the last used folder when invoked from the menu

Any thoughts on favorite search engines?

TIA

Fred