New Lounger
    Thanks

Word format (2000)

Whenever I cut & paste an article or a database from the internet and put it into Microsoft Word it sometimes has formatting in it that is difficult to work with. How do I change or delete this formatting.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Word format (2000)

It's best to avoid getting that formatting into the Word document in the first place - to do so, rather than use Paste, instead use Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted Text.

Thanks

I usually do what Gary describes, but sometimes I'm interested in the images and other non-textual content as well. It can be laborious to deal with all the bits and pieces individually. ('though far less laborious than cleaning up Word's interpretation of the HTML page!)

I'm not aware of any simple tool to "clean up" HTML in Word. It might be easier if you have FrontPage or another WYSIWYG web page editor.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If you are dealing with text only in an article & want to get rid of the extraneous spaces, paragraph marks, & formatting, you can use a simple macro that will remove those. I've attached a macro that uses a series of Find/Replace steps on selected text & operates fairly quickly. You can modify it if you prefer some other options.
    Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files