Star Lounger
    Thanks

Back Up Outlook XP files (Office XP)

Hi,
    I need to back up my saved e-mails in Outlook and I Googled for information and ended up here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en
    I downloaded the program and created a back up file for the e-mails. Outlook must be closed before the back up is created. I re-opened Outlook because I wanted to check the files and put them on disk and I got the attached error (even if Outlook is already open.) Is there a better way to go about this? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Back Up Outlook XP files (Office XP)

How are you starting Outlook when you get this message? Are you double-clicking a vCal or iCal file?? If so, you could try viewing those files in a text editor, such as Notepad or Wordpad. If not, maybe you have an add-in or some kind of synchronization process that is going awry.

The backup add-in should have created PST files with names like "Outlook backup.pst" (where Outlook is the name of the live PST) on the path you specified in the add-in's settings. These, like any other PST files, can be viewed by using File>Open>Outlook Data Files from inside Outlook.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Back Up Outlook XP files (Office XP)

Not sure if you are looking for freebies or shareware for backing up your Outlook files.

One product I use is called OutBack Plus 4 and can be found here. It cost US$29.95 and it has helped me on several occasions... including the moving of the PST file to other computers. There is a 15 day free trial if you wanted to give it a whirl.

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob