Lounger
    Thanks

Shutdown Problems on Win 98

When I click SHUTDOWN all I get is a restart, it shuts down but then restarts automatically. I have an Athlon Thunderbird processor at 1Ghz speed on a PC clone. For protection I have Norton Internet Security with firewall and Antivirus. I also have Spyware Blaster 3.1and Spybot Search and Destroy enabled. I clean off everything with Norton Clean Sweep after internet searching. I also just replaced my power suppy about 1 year ago with a larger capacity. I am not aware of any virus infections although Norton seems to regularly block what it considers to be a Trojan. What do I need to do to restore this function?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shutdown Problems on Win 98

Just yesterday I helped a friend who was having shutdown problems with his Windows 98 environment, slightly different than your experience.

Try going to the Microsoft Knowledge Base located at this site. Select your operating system and enter the words shutdown problem in the solutions box and change the 25 results to 100. It will show you 76 articles pertaining to problems with Windows 98.

There is bound to be at least one article covering your quirk. Be prepared to spend some time resolving the problem. It took me about 3 hours of effort counting research and troubleshooting to resolve the issue.

Good luck,

Bob
    Regards,
    Bob