Star Lounger
    Thanks

Force a new Default Font across the Network (2003)

Our company has made an organization-wide Style change. We're now using Arial as the default Font.

Obviously, we know how to set this for a single User, but is there a way to get Word to 'Update Default Template from Additional Objects Template', as per WordPerfect?

I assume I can create a Template and save it to a Network Folder, then change each user's Statrup Folder to point to this, but how do I ensure that they can't override it by clicking the DEFAULT button in the Font Dialog Box?

Thanks for your advice. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

Re: Force a new Default Font across the Network (2003)

Any solution that makes wholesale replacements of templates would be a problem in my organization. I would be tempted to test something along these lines: adding a command to the login-script that would run Word, pointed to a particular template with some auto-run code to update the Normal style in the user's Normal.dot template. But this is just a concept, and there might be other styles to fix, too.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

You mean like xcopy H:ITnormal.dot "Cocuments and Settings%username%Application Data, etc"

Good idea!

Thanks [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

xcopy would completely replace the existing file, right? That wouldn't work here. The alternative is to create some "installer code" that you can run using a startup switch. I think it would be along these lines:

winword.exe /tinstaller.dot

but of course paths would need to be supplied. The installer would have to close Word as its last step. Perhaps more work than is needed in your organization?