Lounger
    Thanks

OL 2003 SSL email setup/config help (OL 2003)

I'm trying to help troubleshoot a friend's OL 2003 so he can send ssl email. All WinXP patches and critical updates are installed. Can receive but cannot send ssl and is getting certificate error messages.
    I do not have OL 2003 so am blind to some of the changes and setting locations (I use 2000). Apparently they are different enough to cause problems as this is the second case of this I have faced in two weeks.
    Does anyone have URL's for a website that might have ssl setup / config screenshots so I can see the difference between OL 2000 and OL 2003?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks

Re: OL 2003 SSL email setup/config help (OL 2003)

Okay, SSL mail, hmmm. If you mean sending through an SMTP server using SSL, see <post#=268627>post 268627</post#> for an Outlook 2002 illustration. If you mean using (in Microsoft's Words) a "Digital ID" to send "Secure E-mail" (i.e., S/MIME), I haven't done it in years, so can't help on that.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! That is helpful. BTW it is regular SSL email we are using.

I have to admit that I do not see anything that is terribly different from OL 2000 other than the "test my settings" button and a bit of placement changes. Guess my friend/user is a real novice and the tiny things throw him off. He says that TOOLS--ACCOUNTS--PROPERTIES is not an option from the TOOLS menu, but if I am not mistaken, TOOLS--EMAIL accounts IS an option, right?

Again, thank you for your help. This is making progress.

Thanks

Yes, in Outlook 2002, it has been standardized on Tools>Email Accounts, unlike the more complicated situation in Outlook 2000, where the Corporate Workgroup users got Tools>Services and the Internet Mail Only users got Tools>Accounts.

Here's an artificially small reproduction of the initial dialog displayed after the user chooses Tools>Email Accounts... in Outlook 2002:

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you again for taking time to post a screen shot. I wish MS would do so on their site as it would help many.

Blessings to you!