2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Auto-start Form at Last Record

I've got a form currently opening to a new record automatically at startup using a small bit of VBA, of which I know nothing. Can anyone tell me what the Event Procedure would look like if I wanted the form to open to the last record?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto-start Form at Last Record

First define last record. Record order doesn't really mean anything in Access, so do you mean the most recently added record, the last on in a particular sort order, the last record in the natural order of the table, or what?
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok... I've an AutoID field that would do the trick. I'd be looking for the largest number in that field. Is this what you're asking for?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could use the DMax function to look up the largest value in that field in the table. Then, if you're using DAO, dim a recordset variable and set it equal to the form's recordclone. Do a findfirst on the recordsetclone using the field name = the result of the DMax as the criteria string. Set the form's bookmark equal to the recordsetclone's bookmark and then destroy the recordset object.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I can barely follow the logic of your last post. I know nothing of VBA... I think I recognize DMax as a domain aggrigate function, and is DIM a way to define a variable? I greatly appreciate your willingness to help, but I'm just not smart enough to take your instructions and turn them into working code. In my non-educated state I would need the actual code to cut and paste. Thanks.