New Lounger
    Thanks

Database Opening (2000)

Is there a way to make it so that when certain people open the database, with limited access to the database, only the main switchboard appears and not the Access menubar and frame appear around the main switchboard? Also, I've noticed that when the database is opened and my Switchboard appears, everything is sized properly, but once a report is opened that occupies more of the screen, each form and the switchboard then all occupy the whole screen no matter how large I made them and I have to click the "restore down" button at the top of the screen next to "close" in order to resize it to its proper dimensions. Is there a way around this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Dave

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Database Opening (2000)

An Access database is not an application in itself, it always runs within Access, so you can't hide the Access application window.

If you maximize one window within Access, for example a report, all other windows within Access will be maximized too. That is the way the Multi Document Interface works; it is a Windows thing, not an Access thing. The only exceptions are forms with the Popup property set to Yes. They cannot be maximized, and float in front of the entire Access window.

You can set event procedures for a report to maximize itself when it is opened, and restore it when it is closed:

Private Sub Report_Close()
    DoCmd.Restore
    End Sub

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    DoCmd.Maximize
    End Sub

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Database Opening (2000)

Thank you again HANS.