Thanks

Importing Selected Macros and Not Normal.dot

This request is related to my previous post on templates. I am migrating from Word 97 to Word 2000. The normal.dot in Word 97 had problems I 'tolerated' but do not want to import. Somewhere in that version of Word are some macros I would like to import. How do I go about looking for them? Is there a way to find them (and the buttons I created for some of them on a toolbar?)

I discovered that I cannot boot from the drive I now call D: using my new machine because the operating system is 'tuned' to the old machine on which it was installed. I hate the thought of resurrecting the old box to do a task I should have performed before I shut it down. I now realize that had I opened all of the macros I wanted to save in the macro editor and then saved them as Word documents, I could use copy and paste to recreate them in Word 2000.

Thanks again,

John
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Importing Selected Macros and Not Normal.dot

John,

Use Windows Explorer to find the old Normal.dot.
    Rename it "OLDNormal.dot".
    Then right-click and Open this file.
    You can then transfer the code modules and toolbars from OLDNormal.dot to your new Normal.dot, using the Organizer.
    Alternatively once the file is open you can Alt+F11 to go to the VB Editor and locate the old macros that way.

Gary