New Lounger
    Thanks

Create New Record (Access 2000)

An Access 2000 db has a main table named tblEvents. A query named qryFormBase8 draws records from that table that have a value of "8" in a certain field.
    The record edit form is based upon this query.

A macro assigned to a button to go from a Switchboard to open the record form(frmCCDesktop) and create a new record reads :
    Action ---- Argument

Open Form--- frmCCDesktop
    Go To Record --- New
    Go to Control --- Subject
    Close --- frmSwitchboard
    Stop All macros

When I run this macro from the switchboard, it seems to create a new recordset with only 1 record in it. There are @2600 records in the database.

If I go to the frmCCDesktop (record form ) to edit a record, I will see all 2600 records. If I click on a "New" button created from the toolbox with the wizard, it goes to the end of the recordset and opens a blank record ready to enter data.

Sum: A macro to create a new record, when initiated from a switchboard, does not open the records in the database, it seems to create a new record set.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Perry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create New Record (Access 2000)

In the first action (Open Form), do you happen to have set the Data Mode argument to Add? That would open the form with only a new blank record. Otherwise, there is no reason why the macro should do that. I don't think that the fact that you call the macro from a switchboard form has anything to do with it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Did that and either way the argument is set, the form opens 1 record of 1 to enter data. If you enter data into a new form then go back and look, it has successfully updated the database.
    Puzzling!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm afraid we can't say more about this problem without seeing the database.