2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error: 0x800CCC13 (2000 ~ SP-3)

Today I can't receive my POP 3 email.
    Getting message: 0x800CCC13 SOCKET WRITE ERROR - Unable to read Winsock
    I can send.
    One solution for a Google search yields: "Remove the TCP/IP protocol and reinstall it."
    More response were referring to send not receiving problems.
    Anyone have any other possible solutions?

Thanks

Re: Error: 0x800CCC13 (2000 ~ SP-3)

Do you run an antivirus proxy that filters incoming POP mail? If so, that might be causing this somehow. You could try to access your mail not using that proxy to see if the first message in the queue has a virus or other problem. Sounds a little risky, doesn't it. But... what are your choices? Ways that you might be able to access your mail include: (1) reconfiguring your incoming server in Outlook; (2) using your ISP's webmail interface, if applicable; (3) importing your mail into a Yahoo! or other webmail account; or (4) using Outlook Express direct to the server, but set not to delete the messages. There also are some lightweight programs (the name popspy comes to mind) that you can use to peek into your inbox on the server. There aren't any in particular that I can recommend.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error: 0x800CCC13 (2000 ~ SP-3)

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Just a few minutes ago, I disabled virus checking on incoming messages and Bingo over 40 messages came booming in.
    I reset my virus checker back where it was and I have been receiving messages ever since.

I had previously disabled Norton and Zone Alarm, but at that time I didn't get the email to work.
    Don't really understand that situation???