5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook startup options (Outlook 2003)

I have a Dell laptop that I bought for my daughter with an imaged HD that includes Office Professional 2003. When I start Outlook it asks for a GroupWise login password. She will not receive a password for another month or so, but in the meantime she would like to use Outlook and set up her Contacts, Calendar, etc. I there a work around to start Outlook without logging into GroupWise. (If I cancel the log in window, Outlook immediately closes.)

Thanks

Re: Outlook startup options (Outlook 2003)

Check out <!mskb=312337>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 312337<!/mskb>. She should be able to simply create another profile that does not include GroupWise and use that profile until she gets her password.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook startup options (Outlook 2003)

John (Rebel) has given you the answer that setting up a separate profile is the way to go. I have that kind of set-up on my notebook, a profile related to my previous employer and another for my personal e-mail account. They co-exist without a hitch. Bear in mind that the contacts set-up in the new profile will not be available in her GroupWise profile. However, she will be able to export them from one profile and import them into another. Once the GroupWise account has been opened and the contacts have been copied over, she can delete the interim profile... should she so desire.

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob