Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2003 Short cut bar (2003)

I upgraded from office xp pro to 2003 pro. My old xp toolbar is still up when the computer starts. When I go to the buttons tab, there are no office programs such as word, excel, etc. to add to it. Does office 2003 have its own toolbar and if so how do I start it? Then, how do I remove the XP toolbar.

Thanks,
    Mike

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2003 Short cut bar (2003)

Hi Mike

Office 2003 does not include the shortcut bar. For details check the thread beginning with <post#=367491>post 367491</post#>

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2003 Short cut bar (2003)

You can still use OfficeXP Shortcut Bar. To add Office 2003 shortcuts (icons), you can copy them from your Start menu (for example, Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft Office) to your Shortcut Bar folder (for example, Cocuments and Settings< your username >Application DataMicrosoftOfficeShortcut BarOffice), or you can do it manually clicking Buttons tab on Customize Office Shortcut Bar dialog, then Add File button and point it to your Office programs (by default, C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOFFICE11WINWORD.EXE, EXCEL.EXE etc.)
    Don't be surprized when your Office 2003 shorcuts will be looking bleak and distorted.