3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create Executable (VS.Net)

hi,

I need to create a runtime version of an access XP database and am unable to obtain a copy of the Office XP ODE. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to create a stand alone exe file with VS.Net that comprises of just an Access .mdb file.

The one hitch - I have no experience of using VS.Net (yet!!!) so do not know how to create any sort of executable file with it. Is there a Package and Deployment Wizard like there was with VB6?

all clues greatfully received.

Fatherjack

Thanks

Re: Create Executable (VS.Net)

If you didn't write your code for .NET, it's probably better to get a copy of Visual Studio 6 to compile your VB code than to rewrite it from scratch.

If you were to purchase Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System (VSTO) you would get a copy of an Access runtime (I say "an" Access runtime because I don't know if it only works with Access 2003-format databases or older models, too).

Can you describe in more detail what you need to do? You can simply distribute an Access MDB without compiling it (said another way, it isn't compilable), but maybe you want to package the database with an application???

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create Executable (VS.Net)

It's only for 2003 format, Jefferson, and this is a question that was just asked and answered in the Access thread startingn with <post#=381033>post 381033</post#>, so I'm going to lock it here and request any further responses be posted in Access.
    Charlotte