New Lounger
    Thanks

Date format pulled inconsistently by user (2000)

I've been having some issues with the format the date is being pulled in some of my Access reports. I have three different users logging on to one machine, all entering in information into the same database. But depending on the user, the date shows up in a different format. The format I want to have in the database is dd/mm/yyyy, but this only happens when one user enters in information - for the other two users logging in to that machine, the information shows up as yyyy-mm-dd. I have made sure that the date and time format is the same in each of the user's logins by going into Control Panel / Date and Time Options, and the server the Access database resides on also has the date and time in this format as well. Obviously, one way around this would be to have the user with the correct date and time option to enter in everything, but I want to have it so that everyone can access the database from their login, and not have to worry about the inconsistencies in the date format.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions that might help alleviate this problem, please let me know so I can put this silly issue to rest! Thanks in advance...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date format pulled inconsistently by user (2000)

If the users have the same date format in the Windows control panel, I can't think of any explanation for the dates displaying differently. The date format on the server has nothing to do with this.

But why not set the date format explicitly for the text boxes bound to date fields on the report?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I checked the form for the date and time format, and the input mask for the field adjusts to the date and time options set for that machine (I just verified this now as Administrator). The same holds true for the field in the respective report and table. Are you talking about a user-defined input mask that could override the inherited regional date and time settings based on a user's login? And if so, should I be doing it in all three places (report, table, form)?

Thanks a bunch for your help - this is one of those weird ones...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Your original question was about inconsistent display of dates on some reports. Setting the Format property for the relevant text boxes on those reports to an explicit date format, e.g. mm/dd/yy or whatever you prefer, should ensure a consistent display. If some of those text boxes have a non-blank input mask, clear it, it has no real function on a report.
    If you have similar problems on forms, check that both the Format and Input Mask properties are the same for all relevant text boxes.