New Lounger
    Thanks

Wont Close (Outook 2k3)

This has me going crazy...

Client has a Dell Insprion 300M XP Pro has all service packs and patches.
    Installed Office 2k3 Outlook and logged onto our network exchange server......and imported in the users .pst file. Now when run Outlook... shut down outlook the thing hangs....for ever until I end task it. Where the clock is on the task bar, one can see the icon for outlook and when you hover over it you get Outlook is not responding right click Outlook icon in notifacation area if your using exchange sever press end server connection or something like that. Well you cant there are no options when you right, left or double click the icon, So you have to end task and when you reopen outlook it wants to start in safemode and it's just not good. This laptop is for a vip and they dont get it...and the truth is I dont get it either. Reinstalled the os and office and I still get the same results. This is the only problem like this on the network.
    Could it be the .pst file?? Is there something I'm missing?? If I remove the exchange account outlook closes no problem. So I added that exchange account to another client box and it works no problem
    Please help if you can....

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Wont Close (Outook 2k3)

Has anyone seen this problem????

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Wont Close (Outook 2k3)

First, see Item 4 of WoW v9-n04, and the link to earlier articles. Also, is the User using a PDA or any special Add-In's? Search this Forum for "exit' and "close" problems.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS