Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Forms (2003)

Hi,

I am trying to create a Contact form with some different controls and fields. I have gone into 'Design this Form' and have set everything up as I need, except for a problem I am having with some radio buttons, or option buttons as Outlook calls them.

I am trying to set up 2 different questions to be answered using radio buttons, one being whether the Contact is an employee or contractor, the other relating to project detail. The problem is that I can't 'unlink' the radio buttons. When I pick 1 answer it affects all possible results. What I want is to some way of 'grouping' related radio buttons so the form knows these are separate questions.

I have tried going through Properties but can't see what it is I should do.

Many thanks, Laurie

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Forms (2003)

To group a set of option buttons you need to surround each set with a frame control from the control toolbox. For your case you only need to group 1 set of option buttons, the others will use the form page as an equivalent of a frame.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

There is a second solution. If you prefer not to use a frame you can make use of the GroupName property of each option button. Controls with the same GroupName will work together as a group even if they are not enclosed inside a frame. To create a group name right-click on the option button and select "Advanced Properties". You can then enter a value under the GroupName property.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Brilliant, 2 perfect solutions. Many thanks.