New Lounger
    Thanks

Cursor for inserting text box (2003)

Perhaps this question is answered, but I don't have time to (or don't know how to word the question properly!) search (I'm in the office). It used to be that if you inserted a text box by clicking on the icon, the cursor changed to a cross and you drew your text box wherever you wanted to. NOW, if I do this I get this great big box and big words that say "Create drawing here." I'm not trying to create a drawing! I just want to draw a text box on the page and then type in it! Is there any way I can return this to the old way? Thanks, Joan

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cursor for inserting text box (2003)

This is connected to Word's drawing canvas. To go back to the old method of adding text boxes do the following.

Select Tools>Options...
    On the General tab de-select "Automatically create a drawing canvas when inserting AutoShapes"

You will now be back to the old method.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cursor for inserting text box (2003)

Thank you so much. I know I'm supposed to exhaust all search avenues before bothering "loungers" with a question, but I was in such a hurry, and admit that sometimes when I do search around among Word's options, I can't find anything! You've been a great help for my blood pressure!

Joan