2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Auto complete names from the address book (Outlook 2003)

I'm having an issue with the auto complete feature when sending a new e-mail message. I have 3 people with the name Don in my address book and contacts. The first 2 are in the Global address book (e.g. Don Mat, Don Rud) and the third is in a Contacts folder I created called "Business Contacts," (Don Mas) When I begin to type "Don" the three show up in the list of suggested names. I have deleted Don Mas from the list of suggested names. Now when I go to compose a new message and begin to type "Don" then click away with the mouse, it auto-completes to Don Mas (the one I do not want). Note I have tried this with other contacts and when I type a partial name then click away, a red line appears telling me that the address/name is not recognized. In the Address book options I have them set to check the global address first, then my business contacts folder.

Any ideas as to what could be causing the problem with this contact?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: Auto complete names from the address book (Outlook 2003)

This isn't an answer, but: I find it easiest to type something like d mat or d rud rather than try to fight the autocomplete's interpretation of the first three characters, particularly for common first names. Then I press Ctrl+K to force recognition and verify that Outlook (2002) got it right.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto complete names from the address book (Out

Edit by Leif to delete direct advertsing - please see <!rule=12>Rule 12<!/rule>.

I'm new here so I'm going to read lightly. First, you aren't technically referring to auto COMPLETE, you are referring to auto RESOLUTION. Outlook will resolve to an address book, thus the red or green underline. While autocomplete looks in a system cache file called an NK2 file. We have a utility that we developed that will enable you to open and edit the NK2 file.

For what it's worth, most people confuse autoresolution with autocomplete.

Randy