4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Graphs (Excel 97)

Hi all,

I need some help here, What I would like is to create a graph! But I would like to do it in VBA, here's my question, I want to use the date as my X axis, and Time for my Y axis.
    Can I use a custom format for an array?
    Since each month changes, number of days of the month, am I going in the right direction?

Thanks, Darryl.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Graphs (Excel 97)

You can create and modify charts in VBA, but the end result is the same as a chart created "manually". You'll have to provide some more details about what you want to accomplish.
    Do the data for the chart exist on a worksheet, or do you have to construct them, or ...?
    What is the structure of the data to be charted?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

What I would like to do is display my graphs in a Userform, and have the user input the data from the form. The input would be the time, and the day fof the month would be the X axis, and Time would be the Y axis, with the input from the user style chart.

I do have another Question, is it possible to fill an array from an inputbox?

Thanks, Darryl.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Userforms have no built-in support to display charts. There is a workaround, see Displaying a Chart in a UserForm. It requires you to create the chart in the workbook first, export it to a file, then display it on the userform. A lot of work, if you ask me.

If you're going to fill arrays, I would stay away from InputBox, it is not really user-friendly. Since you're working with a userform instead, use that for data input too.

But it's probably much easier to let the user enter data in a worksheet, and create the chart in a worksheet or on a separate chart sheet. You'd only need a few command buttons on the worksheet to run the code to create the chart etc.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll check it out

Thanks
    Hans.