Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing documents (Word 2000)

I have 2 documents - both created in the same way - but when I press print (in each one) one comes from the top tray and one comes from the bottom tray. I want them both to come from the top tray. The print setting in Tools and Options are both the same - use printer settings - if I try and change this is automatically goes back to the original setting the next time I open the document.

Any ideas gratefully received !!

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Printing documents (Word 2000)

Open the file that is printing from the bottom tray. Then "File, Page Setup" and then the "Paper" tab. What are the settings for the "First page" and "Other Pages"?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

Re: Printing documents (Word 2000)

Tools>Options...>Print>Default tray defines what Word will use for the "Default tray" in the dialog Dave mentions.

Changing trays using the Page Setup dialog is the preferred way to assign Word pages to paper trays, because unlike changing the printer settings, it affects only the current document. Thus, if you are using a special form or letterhead, or whatever, you don't have to worry about forgetting to reset the global printer tray settings and having your Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc. printouts exiting the wrong tray.

Note that Page Setup is a section-by-section setting, so if you have multiple sections in your document, you might need to check/change the Page Setup for each one.