Star Lounger
    Thanks

heading styles (2002)

Is there a way to create a heading that has a 12-point space before, unless it starts at the top of a page or column, in which case the spacing should be zero?
    Michael Coleman
    BOMI International

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: heading styles (2002)

I don't think you can set this for a style, but you can set various options for suppressing space before and extra line spacing in the Compatibility tab of Tools | Options... This is a document/template level setting.

Thanks

Word has some features that work to some extent. See a description of the things that work, and those that don't (and some dumb posts by me) in these recent threads:
    <UL>Supressing Space, First Page (Word 2002)

Space before / top of pg (Word XP)[/list]Although they are long threads, if you read all the way through, you can pick up a lot of ideas.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm quite late on this post, as I've been away & trying to catch up. However, for a method that will only apply 12 points (luckily for you), try setting the space above for the Heading style to "Auto". This will only apply space above when there is text (or a graphic) immediately above it & seems to suppress the space above in all other circumstances.