mlep

Journal Entry Types

I have searched the archives and have not seen this addressed. It's making me crazy, though (admittedly, not a big job!).

I use the Outlook Journal feature A LOT. And I picked up a program for my Palm handheld called PocketJournal by Chapura. (in an unrelated aside, the Chapura program is REALLY GOOD.)

The Outlook Journal has that long list of drop down entry types to choose from when you create a new entry: Conversation, Document, E-mail Message, Fax, etc. I want to be able to add my OWN entry types to the list.

The interesting and fun fact here is that PocketJournal lets me type in any old Entry Type that I would like on my Palm and then SYNCHRONIZES that entry type to Outlook as if it had always been an entry type!

For instance, on MY drop down list now in Outlook it gives me "PALM" as an entry type for all the stuff I do communicating about my palm. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So, since the dinky little Palm is able to share its entry types with no problemo, I would think that there must be a way for me to edit that master list of Entry Types directly in Outlook.

I have looked in the help section and come up empty, though.

Of course that doesn't mean that the answer isn't there... it may mean that my search terms leave a bit to be desired. "entry type" is what I am using. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks so much!

mle

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Journal Entry Types

Do you still use Pocketjournal? I have a trail version and I wanted to buy the full copy, but Chapura no longer sells or supports it. Something called chumbo.com offers version 1.05 for sale, but Chapura never heard of that company.
    Do you have any idea how to purchase a copy? I'm starting to use journal a lot, too.
    Thanks.
    Mark