Star Lounger
    Thanks

Raffle Tickets (XP)

Hey there

I'm attempting to create 500 raffle tickets using Word labels and mail merge. I want to set up the job so that I have two idential tickets side by side - one for the purchaser, and one to be entered into the draw. They will be identified by number, so each pair of tickets will have an identical number on the right side. The numbers will go as follows: 001, 002, 003, right up to 500.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to manually enter each number in here, as Mail Merge doesn't seem to be working. I've set the number up with a Right facing text direction, and tried merging through and Excel spreadsheet. This isn't working for two reasons:
    1. I can't format the numbers to show the 0s before a number.
    2. I can't seem to make the merge work to present the corresponding numbers. The closest I've come is to create a page full of 001 labels, etc.

Any thoughts?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Raffle Tickets (XP)

The attached file may be of some use. It was adapted from a file that originally appeared on the coverdisc of magazine PC Plus several years ago.

It is a 1 page document that consists of 4 pairs of identical tickets. There are 2 macros which are used to automatically generate the tickets

1/ SerNumPrint - When you run this macro it asks for the number of prints. For example if you enter 3, it prints off 3 pages, 1st page ticket numbers 1-4, 2nd page ticket numbers 5-8 & 3rd page ticket numbers 9-12
    2/ SerNumUpdate - Used by the first macro to update the ticket numbers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When I needed to do something similar I just used bookmarks for the text in the two ticket halves and SEQ fields for the ticket numbers, as in the attached example.

StuartR
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Here's an old thread that might help: Autonumber tickets