Thread: Treeview (XP)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Treeview (XP)

Hi, I have a simple question: Can you reorder nodes in Treeview programatically or by drag and drop so that their Index posiotions change. I know you can move nodes to different parents, but can you move a nodes postion within the same parent as other nodes? If not I will have to look at another solution. What I need is a listbox type of control that can have children entries if that makes sense.

Hopeful [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks,

pmatz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Treeview (XP)

Thanks Hans, some helpful examples and info there. It appears that the only way to reorder the nodes is by prefix them with a number and setting the .Sorted to TRUE.

My scenario is that I am using the Treeview to display a set of slides to be viewed in Powerpoint, its a customized set up show, search and navigation tool. It works fine and the Treeview is a good control as it lets me provide different icons for the different types of slides, eg Songs, Images, etc and also some slides are grouped and so have 'children' slides - for example a song with more than one slide for the lyrics.

The only thing i wanted more than this was to be able to move the order of the nodes / slides , not that this is really necessary as i am using the tool to display selected slides and not to run a slideshow automatically, but it would have been nice.

Apart from the prefixing with numbers idea (which is problematic - or not straightforward at least - due to some nodes having children) I dont think this is going to be possible. I dont like the prefix idea as it is not so aesthetic!

Anyway, thanks again.
    Thanks,

pmatz