4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro Disappears (2002, sp2)

We have a user that has the group cal http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/in...m#groupschedule found at Slipstick Systems. Recently the user profile had to be deleted and a new one created. The macros for the Group Calendar disappeared. I reinstalled them, had the group calendar working, and left. The user didn't use the group calendar for a couple of days, and when she was going to use it again, the macro disappeared again. I went back and reinstalled them, several days later the user clicked the macro button I had set up and got the "macro not found" error again. Any idea what might cause this? If I Alt+F11 into the editor, the code is not not there.
    egghead

Thanks

Re: Macro Disappears (2002, sp2)

Outlook macros are stored in a file called VbaProject.OTM, which normally lives in:

Cocuments and SettingsUsernameApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook

Is there anything in your environment that might re-set the contents of this folder?

Added: The information is different for a COM Add-in, but I assumed from "macro" that it really is a procedure/function stored in the default location for user macros.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I can't think of anything. There is one user profile, and only one Windows log in.

Looking at the documentation, there are three steps to set the groupcal up: import the groupcal files (groupcal.frm) and (startGc.bas) in the current VBA project,
    add a reference to CDO for the project, then add the macro that "shows" the form to the outlook toolbar.

For the import, I had the files on a CD, then I used File/Import in the VBA window to import the two files. Then I used Tools/References to add a "check" to the check box for Microsoft CDO1.21 Library. Then I just used the Customize Toolbar dialog box to add the macro button to the Outlook toolbar.

I just imported the files off the CD, and didn't copy the files from the CD onto the PC somewhere. There is another file on the CD from the original download called GroupCal.frx. That one I didn't use anywhere. Is the fact that I didn't put those files on the users hard drive causing the problem?
    egghead

Thanks

When you import the FRM, the FRX automatically is imported, so that isn't a problem. You also don't need the files around after importing, as they become part of the VB Project. Just make sure to save the VB Project when you're done importing, or it could get lost in a crash. Still doesn't explain it disappearing on its own...