3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Open a form (2000)

This is weird. I have just created a couple of forms. The first contains only a subform and a 'Next' button, which, through the 'wizard' is designed to open the second form.
    Instead I get an error message (see enclosed). I also tried to create a simple 'close' button but get the same error message as well!
    All other 'close' buttons and 'open' buttons created the same way work on all other forms, just this naughty one doesn't work.
    Any ideas what could be causing this?
    On the form is simply a sub-form which the user can use to click on a particular yes/no box in the sub-form which is used by the following form.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open a form (2000)

Strange - I narrowed the columns in the subform so that the horizontal scroll bar did not show - and then the buttons worked OK.

Don't know why this happened.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK, I did one other thing, and this may be the key - I ensured that the subform contained all the fields which contained criteria in the form's record source.

I'll leave it up to you guru's to explain - if you feel the need.

Thanks for looking - hope this helps someone.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The error message you got is a general one for problems with event handlers, it doesn't tell you what is wrong specifically. The modification in your first reply is probably not what repaired it (although I can't be sure), the second one is more likely to have solved it. But without knowing the details it is impossible to know the exact cause and remedy.