Lounger
    Thanks

Defining Colours for Reviewers in Track Changes (Word 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-1))

I have a document that will be reviewed (not simultaneously) by several people in various locations and possibly using different versions of Word. For example, Reviewer A will create document and send to Reviewer B, B will update and send back to A. A will then review and send to Reviewer C. C will update and send back to A. At this point all changes and by whom need to be visible on screen before they can be accepted.

I need to keep track of each Reviewer

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Defining Colours for Reviewers in Track Changes (Word 2000 (9.0.4402 S

Renyne

The good news is that you don't have to do anything to set it up other than turn on revision tracking. The colours will be available anytime you set your Revision Options to show the revisions 'by author'. The bad news is revision tracking is problematic and displays differently (by default) in different versions of Word.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks

Andrew
    Thanks for your reply. Within the Version of Word that I am running I cannot find the option to set my Revision Options to show the revisions 'by author'. When I place the mouse over the revision it shows who made the change but all the changes have defaulted to the colours as set on my PC.
    Thanks
    Renyne

Thanks

In previous threads, the consensus was that you cannot control which color is associated with which author. Instead, Word keeps track of the authors and assigns the colors automatically in a certain order, so they are different on each person's computer. (At least through version 2002.) Does that sound like what is happening in your document?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

In Word 2000, go to Tools > Track Changes > Highlight Changes and then click on the Options button. In this dialog go to the Inserted text section and set the colour to "By Author".

As Jefferson points out, you can't make Peter's revisions always red and Stuart's revisions always blue but you should be able to see the different authors changes listed in a different colour.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks

Ah, I admit I tried everything but the "colour" box. Being able to see the authors changes in different colour is what we need rather than assigning colours to particular authors.
    Ta muchly.