3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bates Numbering (Office Pro 2003)

I need to use Bates numbering in a document that will be filed electronically. The number has to have a certain number of digits (6) and start with 000001, etc.

Thanks

Re: Bates Numbering (Office Pro 2003)

Do you want this printed directly in the document, or are you making up a sheet of labels? For labels, VBA comes to the rescue, and you can format a number into a string any way you like. If you wanted to create a calculated field based on the page number or something along those lines, I'm not the best person to help. I think Macropod posted a solution to formatting a number of decimal places a particular way during the past few weeks (that one involved numbers like 4, 4.25, and so forth). Maybe that would help?

One other thought: There are a variety of PDF packages that will stamp numbers on your documents after they are converted to PDF. If you are filing in PDF format, you might consider one of those (although if there is a no cost solution in Word, that would be more attractive).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I see that you participated in the thread starting at <post#=227325>post 227325</post#>, you event posted an attachment. That doesn't help here?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for responding, Andrew, but it is not labels I need; it is adding the Bates numbers to a document that has been created in Word, or a document scanned into the computer.