3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Spell out dollar amount (Access 2002)

I have a couple questions. We would like to print certificates from information that is in a database. The certificates are pre-printed and require printing on both sides of the paper document. Our printers can handle duplexing. Is there any settings in Access to define the report as duplex or is it just printer settings?

The more difficult question is that there are numbers in the table that need to be spelled out on the certificate. Is there a formula or function or macro etc. that will give me the number as words?

I just thought of one other little question. The names of people are in the database in all caps, is there a function to change the name to first letter caps?

Thank you for any information.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spell out dollar amount (Access 2002)

Duplex printing: I think it's a printer setting, but I'm not an expert in that kind of thing. Perhaps someone else knows for sure.

Numbers to text: see the replies in the thread starting at <post#=370616>post 370616</post#>.

Changing capitalization: in a query, use StrConv([NameofField],3) to return the names in proper case. If you like, you can create an update query that replaces the names by this value: select Query | Update Query to change the query type, enter StrConv([NameofField],3) in the Update To line, and run the query.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spell out dollar amount (Access 2002)

Thanks, Hans.

Sorry I didn't see the previous post on the same topic of numbers to text. I don't do too much work in Access, so I don't visit the Access Lounge very often.