New Lounger
    Thanks

making templates your default in word(2002) (Office 2002(Word))

I am sure this is an easy one, but I need help. My school requires a certain type of formatting on anything I hand in(i.e. Font, marigns, etc.). How do I save this format as a template, and make it my default. This way I can just click on Word, and there it is when I open it. I am using Office 2002.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and as always Thank-you!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: making templates your default in word(2002) (Office 2002(Word))

When you start Word, it creates a new document based on a template named Normal.dot. Its exact location depends on the version of Windows you're using; in Windows XP it is Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftTemplates. Note: the Application Data folder is hidden, so make sure that you display hidden files and folders; you can set this in the View tab of the Tools | Folder Options dialog (Windows Explorer).

You can either open Normal.dot directly in Word, apply the settings you want, then close and save it, or take an existing document with the settings you need, delete all non-generic text, then save it as a template (*.dot). Word will automatically save it in the Templates folder. Then quit Word, navigate to the Templates folder in Windows Explorer, rename the existing Normal.dot to Normal.old or something like that, then rename your new template to Normal.dot.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: making templates your default in word(2002) (Office 2002(Word))

Thank you, Thank-you HansV I really appreciate it!