3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Track changes baloons (Word 2003)

Hi there
    A user has a document where track changes were used. The document was finalised and then submitted by e-mail to other user.
    What happens is that the other users (who do not have Word 2003 on their machine) see dotted lines and baloons on the right side of the document.
    If the user who finalised the document removes the baloon option, all the text becomes red strike through on the screen on Word 2000 users.
    If the red colour is removed, the users then see the wrong, as well as the right, text.
    Is this a bug, or is there a solution.
    Kind regards

Thanks

Re: Track changes baloons (Word 2003)

Premises:
    <UL><LI>In Word 2000, there were no balloons. It was easy to decide how to display deletions. I didn't realize that the choice made by the original author (e.g., Word 2002 user) to show balloons would interfere with the display on the Word 2000 user's machine. This is news to me.

<LI>In Word 2002's Tools>Options>Track Changes tab, there was an omission: to mark deletions with strikethrough text, you had to use a little trick. See <post#=272718>post 272718</post#> for more information.

<LI>I have not used Word 2003, so I can't comment on that.[/list]So

Thanks

Re: Track changes baloons (Word 2003)

In case I have completely misunderstood the question, and your users simply want to accept all the inserts and deletes to really finalize the document, then: display Word 2000's Track Changes toolbar and use the Accept and Reject dialog. (Or right-click the TRK indication on the status bar, where you also can call up this dialog.) In Word 2002, this dialog is not available on the menu, and must be added using Tools>Customize if the user wants it.