Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

No pictures & Email problems (IE 6.0, XP Home)

I'm trying to help a neighbor lady with her computer. She ran McAfee's QuickClean and after running it IE 6.0 no longer displays any pictures (all she gets is the red x). In addition, when I send her an email all of the text is missing. In addition, she can no longer send email. Also, her computer seems to be running very slowly.

I downloaded and installed the latest XP/IE updates, but that didn't help (in addition, they took forever to install -- very unlike most computers). I also ran Adaware with the latest download.

There has to be some very serious problem somewhere, but darned if I can find it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Re: No pictures & Email problems (IE 6.0, XP Home)

Hi, Chuck ~

I see that this is tied into the post I just replyed to over in the Internet Explorer forum and the common denominator here is the McAfee app.

I have seen this same problem with Quickclean before and in many cases believe it to cause more probelms than they are designed to solve.

I would recommend using the System Restore to a point before the Quickclean install. if that fails, then uninstalling McAfee Quickclean and reinstalling IE/OE may be a final recourse.