Star Lounger
    Thanks

private time (2002)

This may be a fairly mundane question, but I can't figure out how to do it. Is there a way to create appointments, the details of which cannot be seen by others on the network? At my company, in order to protect people's privacy, personal appointments are put on a persons personal calendar. A separate calendar was created on the network for each department for departmental meetings, which is only accessible by the respective department. Or, we can put meetings in different network calendars, as there is one for each conference room (rather than creating each room as a resource). There is another calendar for vacation time. It's a muddled mess. There's no reason for so much privacy between departments. It's just strange.

Obviously, we have bigger problems than personal privacy issues. (Or maybe I'm wrong, and this is all normal. It wouldn't be the first time.) If I'm not wrong, than being able to hide all information about personal appointments other than the time might help to change things.

Michael Coleman
    Michael Coleman
    BOMI International

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: private time (2002)

There is a check box labeled "Private" in the lower right corner of the window in which you create a new appointment or edit the details of an existing one.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: private time (2002)

Michael, because of your discussion on multiple departmental calendars, I may have lost sight of the main question. However, any Appointment in any personal Calendar can be checked as Private, doing so means that only the Originator can view it. The checkmark in the native Outlook form is at the very bottom right corner. Does this help?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS