3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Combo box clears (2000)

I'm having trouble with combo boxes today. I have another one, on a different form to that mentioned in my earlier post. In this one I have a single form with header and detail sections. The detail section displays information from a stock table. The combo is in the header and is used to select the prices that are shown in the detail section. Each stock line has three possible prices, all available in the form's record source. The after update event of the combo is used to change the control source of the unit price field in the detail section. This works but it also clears the combo box. The users see the correct prices but get no feedback as to which price list they are looking at. If I comment out the code in the after update event (a single line) then the combo is not cleared.

I am not changing the control source of the combo (I can still use it) and I am not requerying the form. I do not understand why the combo box is clearing. There are lots of ways round this but I just wondered if anybody knew why it was happening.

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo box clears (2000)

Perhaps post a stripped down copy of the database?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo box clears (2000)

Ian,

If I understand your situation and how you're using the combo box, I'm not sure you want a Control Source defined for your combo box. It sounds like your AfterUpdate event may be filtering the RecordSource for the form in such a way that the value for the combo box (via the ill-advised Control Source) may no longer be a member of the row source for the combo box, in which case the combo box would be appear empyt (clear).

Just a thought...