Star Lounger
    Thanks

AutoComplete (IE 6)

Two questions -- I *think* the first is AutoComplete related...but then, who knows, maybe not, that's why I'm asking.

I recently got a new system. This and the previous version were both Windows XP. Previously, when I'd go to a sign-in-type form or an address form, I'd click in the box, and a long list of previously-entered words appeared in a drop-down list. On my new system, that's no longer happening. Now, nothing appears, and I type in the requested information manually each time.

I have the various AutoComplete options selected under Tools/Internet Options/ Content. And also have Inline AutoComplete selected under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. Is there something I'm missing that should be selected or configured, as well?

The second question is *not* an AutoComplete issue, but rather about the Status Bar:

When I open a new IE window, the Status Bar usually doesn't appear, and I have to select it each time. (Almost each time; my memory is that occasionally it does appear.) I don't know if this is related, but in Windows Explorer, the Status Bar often seems to have to be re-selected each time I load it there, as well. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks very much in advance.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoComplete (IE 6)

For Autocomplete make sure that you have all of the check boxes ticked as shown in the attached graphic. For the sake of reference this is located under Tools - Internet Options on the Content tab.

The status bar issue may be related to Windows Explorer's settings. Make sure the status bar is showing in Internet Explorer and in Explorer first. Then, from Windows Explorer, go to Tools - Folder Options and on the View tab, click on Apply to all folders. If that doesn't work there are a few other tricks that you can try, perhaps something in <post#=252256>post 252256</post#> will help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Mark

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoComplete (IE 6)

Thanks very much for the various responses. In fact, I had gone back and clicked all the AutoComplete checkboxes, though not initially, only after I'd posted my question. At early glance, your suggestion seems to be the solution.

Same for the Windows Explorer matter. (I even followed your suggestion from your other message about unchecking "Remember each folder's view settings." How odd.) At the moment, the Status Bar is appearing in all the places it should. One can but hope this will remain to be the case, and that it doesn't start disappearing as before. I have my expectations high.

Again, thanks so much for your thoughtful time and advice.