New Lounger
    Thanks

Linking Forms (97)

I am trying to create an electronic Information Request Form, however what i need is that when someone types in a number, it will automatically look up the rest of the info i require in another table, therefore automatically filling in the blanks on the form. Can anyone help me with a starting point

Cheers

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking Forms (97)

Thank's for that

Cheers
    Sue

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking Forms (97)

Make sure that the number to be looked up is the primary key in the other table.
    Create a query based on the Information Request table and on the other table. Link them on the number field, then double click the line joining the tables, and select the option to include ALL records from the Information Request table. Add the fields you need to the design query grid; use the number field from the Information Request table, not from the other table.
    Set the Record Source property of your form to the name of this query, and add the fields you want to see. You will probably want to set the Locked property for the controls bound to fields from the other table to Yes, and Enabled to No. It would be nice to use a combo box for the number field, with the other table as Row Source, so that the user can either enter the number, or select it from the dropdown list.