Star Lounger
    Ecosse, Scotland

User Information Changing (Word 2002 SP-2/ Citrix)

Hi I wonder if someone can help me. We use Word 2002 in a Citrix Terminal Services environment. When we created all our users' profiles we set everyone's name in the User INformation area of Tools, Options to match their username. Over time some of the names are changing from what we created to "Administrator". THis is now causing us problems particularly when different people are using the same document. I searched the Citrix knowledge base and came up with a post where someone had noticed this happening after a server update but there wasn't a satisfactory answer. I just wondered if any of you good Woody people had heard of this before and if there's anything I can do about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Silicon Valley, USA

Re: User Information Changing (Word 2002 SP-2/ Citrix)

It shouldn't change unless/until the user's personalized setting are deleted. You can see what happens then if you start Word using the Start>Run... dialog and enter:

winword.exe /a

Word typically starts up completely uncustomized and asks for user information. Normally, a user who is using the same username will not be prompted to change user information, but if the profile were deleted somehow, it could happen. Possibly someone set up a generic profile with Administrator and users seeing the dialog are just accepting that???