4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

License? (Access 2003)

I have a form, frmCustomerEntry that has a command button with has an on click macro which allows the user to search for a specific last name in the customer table. The database is successfully installed in multiple locations.

The find last name works find except on this one computer. I have run an E-mailed copy of the database on several computers and the find function work perfectly except one this one computer.

The computers that are running the find function OK are using both Windows 98 and Window XP. All the successful installations are running Access 2000

The computer that has the problem is running Windows XP Professional and Access 2003. The error message produced is

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: License? (Access 2003)

Are you using any kind of automation in the database? If not, check the references on the 2003 machine. There's probably some breakage because of the different versions.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re Automation, I am using a Switchboard that calls various objects.

In regard to references, I don't know how to check. I have never used Widows XP or Access 2003. Any guidance would be arrpreiated to know where to look and what to look for.

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

By Automation, Charlotte meant using VBA code to control another Office application (such as Excel or Word) from Access. A Switchboard form operates entirely in Access, so that does not count as Automation in this technical sense of the word.

- Open your database, and keep the Shift key down while opening it, to bypass the startup options.
    - Activate the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11)
    - Select Tools | References...
    - If you see a reference whose name starts with MISSING, click on its name, and note the path displayed in the lower pane of the References dialog.
    - Clear the check box for this reference.
    - Repeat for other missing references, if any.
    - Finally, click OK to close the dialog.
    - Select Debug | Compile <project> to see if you get syntax errors. If not, you may have solved the problem.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to both Charlotte and Hans.

The database does not have any code which accesses any other Microsoft or other application.

The references were checked as suggested by Hans and no reference name started with MISSING.

Problem persists. Any other suggestions?

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Do you have any control on a form or report that is not built in to Access, such as the Calendar control, or a Treeview, etc.? If so, note its name and properties, delete the control, create it anew and set the name and properties. You can put a non-native control on a form or report by clicking the last button on the Toolbox, "More Controls..."

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The form that is causing the problem has no controls on it. There are other forms in the database that used calandar controls.

OLE Class: Calandar
    Class : MSCAL.Calendar.7

Isn't this a Microsoft calandar control? Does it still need to be re-installed?

I have a call in to the facility that is havng the problem to see what calandar controls are on that computer. As far as I know, the calandars are working correctly on that computer. I will vervify when I talk with them later today.

(Edited) The calender controls are working properly on the computer that is having the problem. The Calendar Control is 11.0 on the more cotrols on that computer.

These forms were created several years ago. In looking at the list of more controls on my computer (Windows 98, Access 2000.) , the only calendar control is see is 9.0 The computer that is having the problem is approximately 300 miles from me.

I also deleted the calendar cotrol from one of the forms om my computer and re-installed using the Calandar Control 9.0. It still showed the class as MSCAL.Calandar.7.

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

>> The form that is causing the problem has no controls on it
    What is the purpose of a form without controls?

If the calendar controls are working properly on the PC with Office 2003, I have no idea what is causing the problems. I don't have Access 2003 myself, so I can't test things. Perhaps if you posted a stripped down version of the database with the problem form, somebody with Access 2003 could investigate it.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry. I was thinking Calendar controls

I have attached a stripped down version of the database. Hopefully someome who is running Access 2003 can assist.

Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am running Windows XP Pro and Access 2003 and it works fine. (I do have Access XP installed also, so maybe this not a perfect test)
    BTW - Nice work

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the test. I can't figure out from my remote location what can be causing the problem.

Tom