New Lounger
    Thanks

Form (Office 2000)

How do you add an additional table to an existing form. I want to add information from another table to an existing form for a combo box

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form (Office 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

If you want to display data from another table in the dropdown list of the combo box, set the Row Source property of the combo box to the name of the other table, or to the name of a query based on that table.

New Lounger
    Thanks

That would work if this table was a part of the original form design. It was not and I need to add it now.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Apparently I misunderstood you. If you want to populate a combo box with data from a table, that table does not need to be part of the record source of the form. If you want to base the form on data from more than one table, you must create a query based on the tables you need, then set the Record Source property of the form to the name of the query you created.

Note: take care in the design of the query. You must join the tables on a common field, and there must be a unique key on the join field on one side. Otherwise, the query and hence the form will not be updatable.

If I am wrong again, please provide some details of what you want to accomplish.