3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

pdf to Word (2000)

IS there any way to take several separate pdf files (each is a single page) and put them all into a Word doc as images? Or is there a way I can use Adobe reader to put them all into a single file in order? Thx!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: pdf to Word (2000)

I've never tried to do this with Word and I don't know of a filter that will import a PDF as a graphic. Acrobat Reader can't do the merge.

If you used the full version of Acrobat then it is simple though. Another possibility is perhaps you have other software on your machine that can import Acrobat files as graphics (eg Corel Draw or Adobe InDesign to name a couple)

There are likely to be 3rd party tools that can merge acrobat files - perhaps a search on google will reveal these.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I have tried to import Acrobat files into CorelDraw. You get multple frames for each line of text to preserve the exact text layout. This is impossible to use or edit.

I can strongly recommend using the full version of Acrobat to do this job, it is simple and intuitive - although rather expensive.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Randy,

If you print the PDFs to file from Acrobat Reader, you can use GhostScript (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/get814.htm) to convert the resulting PostScript files into TIFF files, that can then be imported into Word with reasonable resolution.

If you just want to extract the text to edit, there are some great Perl modules available for that.

Just a thought ...

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Hi RW,

To copy a graphic (or an image of part or all of a page) from a pdf file to Word, do the following:
    1. Open the PDF file in Acrobat
    2. On the Acrobat toolbar, click and hold the mouse on the Select Tool button. This is the button immediately to the right of the Zoom in Tool (Z) button.
    3. Click the Graphics Select Tool (V) toolbar button.
    4. Click and drag the cross-hair mouse pointer across the area you want to copy.
    5. Press Ctrl-C (or use Edit|Copy).
    6. In our Word document, select the insertion point and Press Ctrl-V (or use Edit|Paste).

Cheers
    PS: If the PDF file has been protected, you may be unable to select and copy the contents.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Lounger
    Thanks

FREE pdf to Word (2000) CONVERTER

Anyone tell me where I can get a FREE pdf to Word (2000) CONVERTOR?

I do NOT mean a trial which does 10% of your document and then asks you to register and pay for it.

I mean free.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FREE pdf to Word (2000) CONVERTER

Have a look at <post#=381004>post 381004</post#> in this forum.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FREE pdf to Word (2000) CONVERTER

Both GhostScript http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/get814.htm, and the acccompanying GSView GUI interface, work very well, and are free. In addition, GhostScript provides an API, meaning you can access it from a Word macro (or elsewhere in VB or .NET).

GhostScript also does other conversions, like PDF to EPS, etc.