Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

No pictures (XP Home IE 6.0)

A friend's IE 6.0 absolutely refuses to display images -- all she gets are the infamous Red X's. I have tried doing everything Knowledge Base article 283807 recommends right down to changing the CodePage value. Absolutely nothing works. So I am at a dead end.

I also tried installing the XP SP1 update, but I had to leave for another appointment before it finished. Something is definitely screwy with this computer (HP Presario, 512 mb ram, 1.+ GHz processor, plenty of disk space and CPU runniing at less than 10%). After downloading the SP1 upgrade it took well over an hour to install -- it absolutely creeps! So something is wrong somewhere. I have run a complete AV scan, ran SpyBot and Adaware, and deleted all temporary and other unused files. It still crawls!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: No pictures (XP Home IE 6.0)

Hi, Chuck ~

Has your friend looked to see if 'Show Pictures' has somehow become unchecked?

Verify by going to 'Internet Options...' > 'Advanced' tab > 'Multimedia' section > and make sure 'Show Pictures' is checked.

Platinum Lounger
    Hornsby Heights, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Re: No pictures (XP Home IE 6.0)

This (being a duplicate) post has now been locked, please refer to this thread. Please see <!rule=14>Rule 14<!/rule>.
    Cheers, Claude.