2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer hijacked (IE 6 )

Please help. My Internet explorer has been hijacked by some adware. My norton antivirus 2004 detected the intrusion and deleted all of the rouge files except two adware.lefeats. They are shown as 196676(1).exe and umplayer.exe when the scan was done. Norton could not deleted these two files. There were no paths that I could write down to use to delete them with windows explorer. Also, Nortons advice on how to clean it up manually does not work. When I open Internet Explorer, it will not open my home page, and going to Internet options, I can not change it to do so. Can anyone give me any ideas on how I can get rid of the problem. Also my dial up 56K connection has been hijacked also. They only way I can disconnect from the internet is to unplug the telephone line to the computer. Thanks, John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer hijacked (IE 6 )

See <!post=Anti Spyware / Adware /Hijack,296439>Anti Spyware / Adware /Hijack<!/post>. In particular, read the passage about HijackThis: download and run the software, then post the result on the HijackThis and Browser Hijacking forum (links provided). Experts on that forum will help you.